THE BUSINESS TUNER
The 7 Deadly Sins of Computer Maintenance
How sinful is your computer maintenance?
1. Inadequate Virus, Malware and Spyware Protection
• A recent IT survey showed less than 10 percent of computers had adequate protection
• Many Antivirus products offer poor protection against Malware, particularly PUPS
• Data theft, identity theft and fraud are the most common motives behind malware infestations
2. Poorly managed system and driver updates
• System performance and reliability can suffer greatly
• Not doing updates can cause havoc with a system
• Peripherals may not function properly due to out-of-date drivers
3. Out-of-Date Operating Systems
• We find 50 percent of Windows 7 computer have virus or spyware infections. with 25 percent of Windows 10 computer have virus or spyware infections.
4. Out-of-Date Application Software
• Few people realize that older copies of MS Office and others have major security holes
5. Inadequate or No Backup systems
• Less than 10 percent of all desktop computers have any backup mechanism in place
• Many backup systems do not fully backup all files, programs or settings.
6. Old Hardware
• Most computers were not designed for life spans beyond 4-5 years
• Older computers are underequipped to handle needed security patches
• Catastrophic failure costs can be unnecessarily high, especially if data recovery is involved
7. No scheduled maintenance
• Scheduled maintenance contracts are more cost-effective than break-fix
* Doing it yourself is not cost-effective
I can help.....
David LaHay MCSE MDBA